Terms & Conditions
This Agreement relates to the provisions, by Safetrades4you Ltd of accrediting tradesman and services for the purpose of checking their trustworthiness.
Safetrades4you Ltd are an Accreditation scheme that carefully verifies tradesman & services for the safety of the elderly and all members of society.
Before becoming Safetrades4you Ltd Approved you must agree to be the subject of a DBS & supply the following information for the DBS check and identity check.
- (1) 2 Forms of identification, 1 with a photo e.g. an up-to-date passport or drivers license.
(2) Proof you hold adequate insurance for your trade the minimum being public liability.
(3) You agree to let Safetrades4you Ltd carry out a DBS check.
(4) 2 Utility bills from your business address also 2 utility bills from your place of residence (dated within the last 3 months).
(5) You must supply evidence you are qualified to undertake the work of your chosen profession e.g. gas safe certificate. nvq level 1.
(6) Contact details of 3 previous clients you have carried out work for in the past 12 months. You must obtain the clients’ permission that they are happy to be contacted (as all references will be checked and verified by an Safetrades4you Ltd team member). Please be advised that references obtained from family members will not be accepted.
(7) Non UK applicants are asked to obtain official confirmation from their country of citizenship that they have no criminal convictions either previously or pending (see 5)
We confirm that no application will be processed until all the correct documentation is provided.
Once all the correct documents are received plus the requisite fee, we will send a confirmation email to you with a unique reference number. (please quote this reference number on future correspondence)
(8) We, as part of our quality control procedure may invite you for an interview with our assessing panel. This will usually be done through the medium of SKYPE, or another web chat facility.
(9) In the invent of a unsuccessful application we will the refund your payment, minus DBS checking costs and administration fees.
- We aim to complete the process of all memberships within a 6 week period depending BUT ANTICIPATE SHORT DELAYS DUE TO VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS.
Upon successfully becoming Safetrades4you Ltd Member:-
- We will confirm to the public you have carried out the relevant checks to get approved but we will not endorse you product or services.
- All applications will be kept confidential between Safetrades4you Ltd and yourselves as keeping to the guidelines of the ICO and Data Protection Act.
- If you are foreign national and not been a resident in the U.K. for the past 5 years you will need to supply us with a criminal record check or equivalent from you previous country of residence on this basis we will also carry out a DBS CHECK if you have been a resident in the U.K. for longer than 6 months.
- You will need to take relevant forms of identification to their main post office to complete the document certification service (the cost of this service is approximately £8.50). As per the membership joining instructions the post office will verify the information supplied for a true likeness of the applicant this will allow Safetrades4you Ltd to process the application.
- It must be made abundantly clear that if the applicant has passed the above mentioned criteria and supplied all the information requested Safetrades4you Ltd still have the right to refuse membership to our accreditation. (All rights reserved).
- Although Safetrades4you Ltd are not responsible for any of the actions of our members we would still carry out an in-house investigation for suitability to our accreditation. As this is an ethos of Safetrades4you Ltd to eliminate rogue trades and services. So any information that may contradict your contractual commitments with Safetrades4you Ltd would be treated with our full attention and any adverse findings will be handed over to trading standards.
- Safetrades4you Ltd will not be responsible for any work carried out by a member of our organisation any complaints by a client will lie solely with the member who carried out the work.
- When you become accredited you must maintain the standards set out in Safe Trades 4 You Ltd code of practice such as always showing your Safetrades4you Approved identification badge.
- Safetrades4you Ltd membership is for a 12 month period and 4 weeks prior to expiry date you will have to go through the vetting process again to gain membership for the following year.
- Safetrades4you Ltd offer a refund policy of 7 days of date when payment is received after that date no refund will be made unless you fail to obtain membership then we will refund you back minus cost and administration charges.
- Safetrades4you Ltd is an equal opportunities organisation, and does not discriminate on the grounds of creed, race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability (this list is not exhaustive) .
- Agree to sign and uphold Safetrades4you Ltd code of practice.
Freephone : 0800 8044322
Safe Trades 4 You is the trading name of SAFETRADES4YOU Ltd Registered in England & Wales Company Number 9797789.