Code of practice
All members on our register have agreed to uphold the standards set out in the following “code of practice”.
Their contractual obligations are to:
- Contact the customer as soon as possible. It must not be any later than 48 hours from receiving the enquiry (Monday to Friday).
- Inform the customer immediately if they are unable or unwilling to undertake the proposed work.
- Notify the customer of any minimum charges and call-out fees if applicable.
- Arrive at the agreed time for appointments and will give advance warning of any unavoidable delay.
- Treat customers with courtesy and respect.
- Give the customer an expected date for when they will receive the quotation and ensure that it is delivered by that date.
- Respect the customer’s privacy and take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of the premises and to promote a safe working environment.
- Complete all work efficiently and to the highest possible standards.
- Supply a clear and detailed written quotation for the proposed work, ensuring that the prices are as accurate as possible, with no hidden fees, based on the information provided to them.
- Ensure that all work is started and completed on the agreed dates / times and that any unavoidable changes are clearly communicated to the customer.
- Ensure that second-hand or discontinued materials are not installed unless agreed with the customer.
- Agree guaranteed elements of work with the customer.
- Leave all areas clean and tidy and remove all rubbish upon completion of the job.
- Supply a receipt for payments received.
- Deal with any complaints and /or disputes as quickly as possible.
- Comply with all statutory laws and building regulations.
- Only employ staff that are qualified and hold the appropriate certificates.
- Maintain statutory registrations where appropriate e.g., Gas Safe Register, Part P, etc.
- Maintain adequate public and employee liability insurance.
- Ensure that all employees and sub-contractors meet these standards at all times.
Freephone : 0800 8044322
Safe Trades 4 You is the trading name of SAFETRADES4YOU Ltd Registered in England & Wales Company Number 9797789.